Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Project 3: Upcycling (I'll spare you my research photos)

Project 3 Research: upcycling.

For my latest project, I bought three damaged items from Denton Thrift to turn into something great they could sell.
I looked for things with holes and stains, so I didn't destroy anything useful, and found stiff gray linen pants, a houndstooth jacket, and a stained blue canvas bag with great hardware.
I briefly considered a safari bag until I learned that very different clothes are okay to make from clothing. But the muppets are pretty amazing, and I love Stewart Brown's studies on how play affects kids and adults, so I researched puppets the most.

My starting materials...

I thought about making spats; the purse has great hardware for it, and they really need to make a fashion comeback. Capes do, too.
But I also grew up listening to Count Von Count's Continuous Country Cookin' Downhome Diner, and the gray was perfect for a shark puppet. I love my "objection!" button in a weird text-based MMORPGame I'm addicted to; it's a reference to Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney, so I thought about turning the vampire or shark puppet into a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment